This position has been filled.
Job Title: Staff ASL Interpreter
Hours: Full-time position: Extending to and no greater than 40 hours/week during 8 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday.
Staff Interpreter provides sign language interpreting services to the Deaf Community and the
Heritage Interpreting staff/clients as requested and/or scheduled by the Operations Department.
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Interpret between American Sign Language (ASL) and English
- Interpret for various assignments (may include education K-12, medical, business, post-secondary, mental health, and other fields)
- Willing to travel to all areas of the Columbus metropolitan area
- Professionally represent the agency
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures, as well as department requirements
- Attend Heritage Interpreting staff meetings and staff development activities as required
- Other duties, as necessary
- RID certification preferred
- Reliable transportation is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven yet collaborative working style
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Commitment to continuous professional growth and learning
Location: Columbus, OH
- $45-55k annual salary
- Guaranteed annual pay increase
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Annual professional development budget
- Generous PTO and company holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
- Moving costs (<$2,000), if moving to Columbus
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within Heritage Interpreting is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to provide top-tier interpreting services.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this – regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities – is critical to the success of each Heritage Interpreting employee, and collectively, as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve problems effectively.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation, enabling them to feel welcome, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision-makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities.