Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Hours: This is a full-time position: Extending to and no greater than 40 hours/week. The Operations Coordinator’s schedule will not exceed 8 hours in a day or 5 days in a week, however it is an expectation of the position that they be able to work weekends or outside of 8am-5pm. The schedule of the Operations Coordinator will be adjusted on a weekly basis at the discretion of the Chief Operations Officer with the input of the Operations Coordinator.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the logistics strategy of Heritage Interpreting. This includes ensuring that the appropriate staffing, organization, and supply procedures are in place. The Operations Coordinator will do this by managing and tracking projects and adjusting the workflow on our team to be more efficient.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
- Manage the day-to-day operational functions of the company
- Work with the Operations Team to ensure an efficient workflow
- Coordinate provision of services
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency
- Facilitate cross-channel feedback from customers and contractors to management
- Work with team leaders to learn departmental needs and goals
- Observe, review and analyze processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made
- Design and maintain clear operational guides to ensure consistency of operations
- Deliver reports to department heads to provide insight into the overall efficiency of the organization
- Collaborate with team leaders to set departmental and organization-wide goals
- Work with our answering service to facilitate calls, take messages, and manage weekly on-call schedules
- Minimum of three years of working in a similar professional capacity
- High level of technical skill to support operational efficiencies through online systems (e.g., G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, MailChimp, interpreting-specific scheduling platform)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven yet collaborative working style
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Commitment to continuous professional growth and learning
- $50-60k annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Annual professional development budget
- Generous PTO and company holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within Heritage Interpreting is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to provide top-tier interpreting services.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this – regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities – is critical to the success of each Heritage Interpreting employee, and collectively, as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve problems effectively.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling them to feel welcome, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision-makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities.